Key skills and experience Summary:
Deploy, monitor, support, and scale Volta's physical and network infrastructure.
We are looking for bright engineers that meet the following requirements:
- Deploy, monitor, support, and scale Volta's physical and network infrastructure.
This includes physical infrastructure (power, rackspace, etc), servers, network infrastructure, and connectivity between all sites in Volta's global network as well as our cloud footprint.
- A self-starter mindset with an interest in finding new solutions to new problems
Experience with Linux, monitoring tools (such as Prometheus, Grafana, Observium, Smokeping)
- Experience with networking concepts and devices providing wired, wifi, VPN, and firewall services
- A willingness to develop automation tools to scale the maintenance and deployment of infrastructure as we grow
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- A team player who enjoys working with others to help Volta excel
Familiarity with tools such as Python, Ansible, shell scripting
Familiarity with cloud services such as AWS
The candidate should have an engineer’s degree in computer science, telecommunications, physics, math, or equivalent work experience. An MS or PhD in any of the fields above will be strongly valued.